Thursday, May 12, 2005

Day Two

I woke up at 3:00 am. It's that dang internal clock, still set to Utah time. Anyway after morning came we walked to the bakery and I got a sausage roll. Imagine the most unhealthy way to serve a sausage. If you guessed "Inside a pastry crust", award yourself five points. Tasty.
Next we went to the Japanese Gardens at the park. Next we went out to lunch at a snack bar. Despite Rob's suggestion that I try a very not appetizing grayish sausage. When nobody would tell me what was in it, I opted for the mystery fish ("lekkerbecke") which turned out to be haddock, I think.
Next was, of course, the pottery factory in Delft. Mildly interesting, but not worth €4, that's for sure.
We went home and Rob slept and I sent yall an email. Then the Bloms took us out for a pancake dinner on a restaurant on the beach. Beach + Pancake Dinner = best thing ever. So my pancakes were these little tiny things about three inches across. I could hardly see them under their mountain of powdered sugar. Of course, on top of that I put either butter, whipped cream, or ice cream. Fattylicious. When I went to the restroom, I had my choice of "Heren" and "Dames". Assuming you are me, which would you pick? If you guessed "Heren", award yourself ten points. Then Rob and I walked along a very windy beach and, much to the amazement of everyone who passed, threw a strange white plastic disk, known in America as a "frisbee", back and forth.
On the way back we found a path with a sign that said "Verboden Weg", which Rob translated as "forbidden path". I explained to Rob that we could take it anyway since I don't speak Dutch. He was convinced. My bum is sore from yesterday's bike ride.



If your porcelain piggy bank has this on the bottom, then I have seen its birthplace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I win ten points! Actually I thought I should have deserved fifteen since the most unhealthly way to serve a sausage is deep fried and battered. Anyway, I thought I'd leave a comment to let you know that Puerto Rico is great right now, and I wish you were here.

5:25 PM  
Blogger T.R. said...

really? what about costa rica?

but that's a good point....I'll have to check into that sausage thing. Except I think you ought to batter it first, then deep fry it.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you. have you left me a note whilst in amsterdam? you probly wont, huh? you hoser. have a spot of fun!

11:05 AM  
Blogger T.R. said...

You guessed right, rands. I did not leave you a note. I DID, however, leave you five cents to spend as you see fit. Here are your directions:
One block south of the Anne Frank house is a large church. It is called Westermarkt. On the same block as the church is a little snack stand and a gay info center. You will notice that surrounding the church are a bunch of strangely proportioned wooden benches and short cement pillars that are about two and a half feet high. On the South corner of the West side of the block is one cement pillar that has broken off. The bench in front of the pillar (the farthest south bench on the west side) holds a five cent euro coin. It ought to still be wedged into the hollow of the bench's leg. (The leg will be the right front leg if you are sitting on the bench, and the coin is near the ground.) I hope this five cents will benefit you on your journey.
What? Are you joking? No, I can't be more specific. If I were any more specific I would....I would....that's impossible, alright?
What do want, a map?
Fine.
Here's a bloody map.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home