Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Day Fourteen

Disaster! Rob pukes and has a headache and stomach ache. No! Not during our Eurotour! WHY?!?

Alright, I might as well make the most of it. I go walking in the Old Town of Luzern switzerland and see, among other things, trumpeter swans, an old covered bridge, junk souvenir shops full of pocketknives, and a logjam of asian tourists. It a nice place. Too bad Rob is sick.

Time for the Swiss Breakfast. I have heard from a reliable source (you know who you are) that the Swiss Breakfast is way better than your puny American Breakfast. So I bought all of the components at the local Co-op: Museli, UHT milk, yogurt, fruit, and jelly donuts (I added that last one on my own).

Rob was awake by the time I got back, but not feeling 100%. He could barely eat anything I bought because his throat hurt from stomach acid.

After a little while he said he was feeling better, so we decided to ride the tram up to Pilatus, which turned out to be a restaurant and gift shop on top of a mountain. Still a nice ride though. As I was buying my ticket, Rob was hit by a tsunami of nausea and changed his mind, but told me to just go alone. D'oh, poor Rob.

It was a good panoramic view of the middle part of Switzerland. I took the tram halfway down and ran to the next station, getting lost several times on the way and worrying because the last tram was supposed to leave in less than an hour. The tram was fun and much longer than our Snowbird one, but not as stark. I saw one of those brown mountain goats. Sorry, no lederhosen and no alpenhorns.

I bought a Walls Ice Cream bar. Mmmm.

But by the time I had gotten back, Rob's condition had gone from "blah" to "feh". He wanted to go to the doctor. We got a cab to the clinic and they gave him some weird medicine, which made him feel worse. Dang Swiss. Looks like we're staying here another night. Rob hasn't eaten anything all day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you choose to drink UHT milk. BLEH! So, how is the Swiss chocolate?

9:51 PM  
Blogger T.R. said...

would you believe me if Itold you I never tried it? but here is the reason: most ofwhat they were selling was toblerone and lindt, which you can buy in the states.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home