Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Day Fifteen

Whoa, this Rob is unstoppable. Despite feeling even worse today, he suggests we move on, to Bern this time.

By the time we arrive he feels like Death itself, as was my understanding from how he looked. He wanted to go to a REAL Swiss hospital this time, not that 24 hour snake oil peddling train station clinic that we went to earlier. Two hours, about four nurses, and a bag of saline solution later Rob is on his way with a perscription for antibiotics and acid reflux medicine, and feeling only slightly better.

So I had to ditch Rob at the Hostel so he could sleep. And I borrowed his book which I had been reading this whole time, "Angels and Demons" by that DaVinci Code guy. Don't make fun of me, it was an exciting book, alright? I went to the riverfront park where lots of Europeans were sunbathing and finished the book.

Not an exciting day for you to read about, is it?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Switzerland. The land of the euro-rebel, beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, and several handy dandy swiss army knife engravers. Who could ask for anything more? No one, that's who. I hope you liked Switzerland, and the swiss people. (you better like 'em... or else). And I got this strange collage in the mail the other day... something about having fun in Europe or something? Thank you to all those involved. It made a lowly homebody's day. And a many more grand adventure to you!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T.R. -

I just read ALL FIFTEEN ENTRIES! Sounds like an awesome trip. You just made me jealous. Anyway, that really sucks about Rob being sick. I guess you guys got the FULL experience (hospitals and foreign medicine and all). If nothing else, there's a big story for ya.

I can't wait to see photos from this trip (you better be takin' photos!) and we're gonna see English Saturday so maybe he'll tell me more. Or not. Cheers to our best saxophone player! And his sick friend Rob! (Get well soon!).

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will start my own blog about NOT doing anything cool this summer... It will be a hit! I will write about sitting in my office for hours at a time listening to KUER and Radiohead whilst play such classics as mine-sweeper and Mah Jong Solitare. Yes... I'm getting paid for this. Then I can tell you about the crappy dates and endless BBQ's I've attended over the weekends. Ugggh. "Wish you were here!"
I'm really enjoying your notes T.R. Keep it up and keep the pictures coming.
-Craiger

3:27 PM  
Blogger T.R. said...

Craig, I will totally read your blog. It sounds very existential.
We are taking photos, but the ones we take will not be up until we're back. In the meantime its just these ones that are from other people's websites.

12:22 AM  
Blogger T.R. said...

what? collage? you know I don't speak french. what ARE you talking about.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a postcard t.r.... postcard...

5:32 PM  
Blogger T.R. said...

Postcard? Is that french as well?

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home